- Mughal, A. W. (2018). Investigating the issue of out-of-school children in rural Pakistan: implications for policymakers(Doctoral dissertation, Loughborough University).
- Mughal, A. W. (2020). Secondary school students who drop out of school in rural Pakistan: The perspectives of fathers. Educational Research, 62(2), 199-215.
- Mughal, A. W., Aldridge, J., & Monaghan, M. (2019). Perspectives of dropped-out children on their dropping out from public secondary schools in rural Pakistan. International Journal of Educational Development, 66, 52-61.
- Mughal, A. W., & Aldridge, J. (2017). Head Teachers’ Perspectives on School Drop-Out in Secondary Schools in Rural Punjab, Pakistan. Educational Studies, 53(4), 359-376.
- Mughal, A. W. (2016). Investigating the impact of the tier 4 policy on international students at private colleges in the UK. Journal of International Students, 6(1), 241-261.